January 5th-31st, 2023 | 2-Nights | $250
Join us in the month of January for Winter Wellness Month! Each package includes a 2 night stay in either our Deluxe King or Deluxe Queen room, a wellness goodie bag, healthy happy hour, and aqua yoga with jacuzzi meditation ceremony lead by Imad Elali of Ocean City Beach Yoga. Start your new years resolution right with Fenwick Inn!
The Benefits of Aqua Yoga
There are a variety of benefits of aqua yoga, many of which overlap with doing yoga on land. However, the unique medium of water also offers additional benefits when practicing aqua yoga, making water-based yoga a safer alternative for some people. People with osteoarthritis of the hips, knees, ankles, feet, or spine often benefit from water-based exercise such as aqua yoga because the buoyancy of water reduces the force or body weight going through your joints. Even high-impact exercise, such as running, when performed in the water becomes a relatively low-impact activity.
- Improving flexibility
- Increasing balance
- Helping cool the body and prevent overheating
- Reduced joint pressure and bone stress due to the buoyancy of the body in water
- Greater resistance from the water to move against, which can increase strength
- Decreasing stress and anxiety
- Reducing swelling due to the hydrostatic pressure of submerging the body in water
- Increasing range of motion in your joints
- Improving confidence
- Lowering blood pressure
- Increasing the mind-body connection
- Allowing deconditioned and weaker individuals to move their body due to the relative weightlessness of being in the water
- Providing variety or an alternative way to practice yoga
- Reducing the risk of falling
- Increasing postural control and core strength
How Do I Book Online?
Select a 2 night stay during January 5th-31st, must check in on a Wednesday or Friday, then select our Winter Wellness Month Rate. Click Here to Begin!
What Do I Wear for Aqua Yoga?
You can wear whatever you’re comfortable wearing in the water for aqua yoga. Most people wear a bathing suit, wetsuit, or shorts with or without a top, such as a sports bra, along with a swim cap.
What Is the Jacuzzi Meditation Ceremony?
A Peaceful, Relaxing Guided Meditation right after the Aqua Yoga Class. Students, who have their eyes closed, listening to soothing music, are guided by the Yoga Teacher on a Meditation and Visualization Journey.
When Is The Aqua Yoga Class?
Aqua Yoga is 9:30am-10:15am on Thursdays and Saturdays. It will be immediately followed by the Jacuzzi Meditation Ceremony at 10:15am for 15 minutes.
When Is The Healthy Happy Hour?
Healthy Happy Hour is 5pm-7pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. The menu will include a selection of sparkling and still waters (cucumber, lemon, and lime) and an assorted selection of Vegetarian crudite. (Also including certain gluten-free and organic options)
Can I Bring a Friend?
Yes! Package includes occupancy of up to 2 adults per room.
I Live in the Area, How Can I Participate in the Aqua Yoga?
Please give our front desk a call at 410-250-1100 We would still love to have you!